Three and a half months sure can fly by.
Obviously we took a long, unplanned break from blogging. There really wasn’t any reason to it….we both got busy, a little stressed, and I think mentally drained from having to come up with something to blog about. So, while I sit here drinking Trader Joe’s Vanilla Cinnamon tea and watching 27 Dresses (one of my favorites!), I’ll give you a few highlights of the last few months.
1. WE FINALLY SOD OUR DULUTH HOUSE. Finally. Praise the LORD. If we had been blogging during this time I would have told you about the stress with our renters moving unexpectedly, our house being on the market for 3 months, the frustrations and communication issues that we had….but….maybe it was good that I wasn’t blogging. Suffice it to say that God taught me A. LOT. during the whole process, and while I think I could have handled it better, but God is good and graceful and used the experience in a variety of ways.
So. Thanks to the house selling…WE GET TO RENOVATE OUR KITCHEN!!! FINALLY!!!! I really love this, and Jen is shocked. :-) We’ll see how it all turns out.
2. We went to Disney World in October. SO. MUCH. FUN. Might have been one of the top vacations. We (my parents, Jen, and I) are Disney freaks. I don’t think our brother inherited that gene. (He and his wife didn’t come with because the JUST HAD THEIR FIRST BABY!)
3. We had to put our black lab down in October. We had her for 10 years. To say the least, it was awful.
4. Jen GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!! The story behind that is AMAZING and there is absolutely NO DOUBT that she is in the position where she is supposed to be. God answered specific prayers in awesome ways. I hope she’ll blog the story sometime, its a good one.
5. Jen’s other HUGE news is she officially launched her online store, Paisley Print Boutique. Paisley Print Boutique (we sometimes shorten PPB) exists to create a marketplace that carries only high quality, beautiful products where consumers can be confident that their purchases are making a difference in the world. Every single item she carries makes a difference – either it was made by someone who was sex trafficked, or proceeds are putting a woman through college, or helping orphans. Check out the mission/vision and products!
So those are the big things that happened. I’m sure I’m missing things, but, that’s all that is coming to me right now. Our plan is to be back blogging regularly – no set schedule or anything, but definitely regularly. So, if anybody is still out there, we’re looking forward to reconnecting and seeing what 2014 brings!